Glentree Estates is a data controller in relation to personal data processed when you visit this website and/or when you use our professional services. Personal data is data revealing information about you personally and includes more sensitive information, “special data” relating to health, ethnicity, religious and political affiliation and sexual orientation and the like.
Glentree have legal obligations imposed under a raft of legislation and regulation (including in particular, the Terrorism Act 2000, Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, the Bribery Act 2010, the Immigration Act 2014 and the Money Laundering Regulations 2017) to collect and hold certain personal data about persons dealing with us.
This personal data is treated as confidential and our use of it is subject to data protection regulation and governed by this Privacy Notice which explains our obligations and purpose in collecting it.
This Privacy Notice is current as at May 2018 and may be updated from time to time if there are any changes in the regulations or in the way we use personal data.
Collection of Personal Data
We collect data from and about you when you contact us about a property or give us your personal information, identity, contact and financial data by filling in application forms or communicating with us by visiting this website and by corresponding by post, phone, and email or otherwise.
So personal data will be collected if you:
• retain us to provide services;
• telephone or visit our office
• visit and register as an applicant for properties on our website
• subscribe to our publications, or
• contact us through social media.
If you engage us to act as your agents to let or sell your property or if you enquire about buying or renting a property listed with us we must by law collect information confirming your identity and residence. This will include photographic identification (a passport or photo driving licence) and an original document such as a recent utility bill as proof of your residential address.
The personal data we are obliged by law to collect and retain if we perform services for you may include:
If you are a Vendor or Landlord
• contact details including delivery and billing addresses, email address and telephone numbers) including if we manage your rental property, additional contact information for use in emergencies.
• information establishing your authority to let or sell a property if you are not the registered owner for example a Power of Attorney, Trustee Appointment and the like.
• bank details to enable us make payments to you
If you are an Applicant for Rental Properties
• When you register with us we will seek your name, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, number of children, username and password, your property preferences and, where appropriate, your feedback and comments;
• any specific personal requirements you list to enable us to identify properties suitable for you which may include special data, for example, schools and places of worship, specific access requirements and the like.
• Bank details to enable us to manage an approved tenancy deposit account for you and to set up your rental payments.
• depending upon your visa/immigration status, information confirming your entitlement to rent a property in the UK. This will include passports, biometric residence cards, current immigration documents and the like.
If you are an intending buyer of a property listed with us
• your specific personal requirements to enable us to identify properties suitable for you.
• when you make an offer to purchase through us, information necessary to enable us to comply with all anti-money laundering and terrorist funding regulations which may include the identity of any shareholders, directors or other controllers or ultimate beneficiaries of any corporate or other legal purchasing entity.
Lawful Propose/Restrictions on use of Personal Data
Glentree must have a lawful purpose for collecting and retaining personal data. We rely on the following purposes for collecting such data
• compliance with legal obligations.
• performance of professional and contractual obligations, specifically:
- In selling or letting a property or arranging a contract for sale or a grant of a tenancy.
- communicating with parties’ appointed solicitors to facilitate sale or letting transactions.
- engaging specialist outsourced referencing agencies for checking identity and referencing for rental properties.
We only allow such third parties to use your personal data for the specified purposes and only in accordance with our instructions.
• to appoint third party contractors to undertake property maintenance on managed properties.
• notifying you of changes to our service or other related matters.
• where necessary for the reasonable and proper conduct and administration of our business including:
- providing latest property and marketing information to you. You may OPT OUT of receiving such information at any time.
- discharging our legal obligations to verify personal data via specialist third party referencing and identification agencies and otherwise, if it is needed for official purposes.
- for the employment of staff or engagement of consultants or intermediaries.
- where necessary to share your personal data with any professional advisers of Glentree in relation to services provided or to enable us to perform our obligations
We will only use your personal data for the above purposes. If we need to process your personal data for a different purpose that is not compatible with the original purpose that we collected your personal data, we will let you know.
We may however process your personal data for a different purpose without your consent where it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
If you withdraw your consent to receiving marketing messages, we may still process your personal data in order to fulfil our contract with you or where we are obliged to do so to comply with our legal, accountancy and regulatory obligations.
Third parties or publicly available materials
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as, Companies House, the Electoral Register, Rightmove, Zoopla and Facebook.
This website may include links to third party websites which may collect or share your personal data. We are unable to control third party use of your personal data.
Security of Information
The security of your information is as important to us as our own and so we have measures in place to restrict unauthorised access to your personal data.
We operate secure digital client management systems within Glentree and store hard copy documentation in locked cabinets accessible only by staff for legitimate business purposes. Any hard copy documentation stored off site is maintained in secure professional storage facilities.
Period of Retention
We retain personal data for the period in which we provide services to you and thereafter for such periods as we have statutory or other regulatory obligations to retain such information. We may also retain the information during pending legal proceedings or other executive action. After expiry of any such obligatory or other period, any file not submitted for periodic destruction or deletion will be reviewed for any potential risks of continuing to retain and store the data and, where appropriate any personal data will be excised from files which are retained.
Right of access, rectification, restriction and erasure
You have the right to request details of the personal data we hold on you and you may also request rectification of any errors or object to our processing information about you.
Subject to our legal obligations to hold information beyond any period for which we act for your or are registered with us, you may request erasure of your personal data held by us.
For further information about these rights please visit the Office of the Information Commissioner at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/
Visiting our website with your browser settings adjusted to accept cookies tells us that you wish to make use of our website information and features and that you consent to our use of digital technologies as described in this Privacy Notice.
A cookie is a small digital file downloaded to your computer when you visit a website which helps to navigate the website whilst providing information about the use of the site to the website owners.
Glentree uses: SESSIONID (Browser session only) to reference your connection to our servers to enable us to maintain the session and provide a seamless user experience between page refreshes and reload information.
Glentree also uses Google Analytics for website statistical analysis. More information. We enable Google Analytics’ anonymization functionality to allow us to collect data for analysis with absolute the minimum, or no personal data collection at all - specifically, we anonymise IP addresses on our site. Accordingly by using Glentree’s website, you consent to the processing of such anonymised data as is utilized by Google Analytics for the purposes of collecting statistical information.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit:
Our website displays information you make available to us when you interact with our site, content, or services. Products and services are displayed to you based on your activity and preferences when visiting our site.
If you have any complaint please do not hesitate to contact us via our website at:
Glentree Estates Limited is registered and supervised by HM Revenue & Customs for compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017.
Glentree are members of the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA) and regulated by the National Federation of Property Professionals (NFOPP).
Should you have a complaint which you are unable to resolve through our internal procedures, you may refer it to the Property Ombudsman Service at www.tpos.co.uk